AHD, HPD, DHP, SFBT(Hyp), SFBT Sup (Hyp) , MNCH (Acc.), AfSFH, CNHC Reg.
I am an experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist, Supervisor and Former Trainer, practising in and around East Devon. I also provide sessions online. I am registered with the following professional bodies, which means I am fully qualified and fully insured to practise hypnotherapy, I am committed to the highest standards, I adhere to a code of professional conduct and I also update my skills regularly.
Born in Plymouth, my career took me to London, Wiltshire and Surrey. I graduated with an honours degree in Physics from UCL, and I then spent 13 years in the IT industry, followed by 18 years in the charity sector. I moved back to Devon in 2003 to be closer to friends and family and settled close to the lovely town of Ottery St Mary. Moving back enabled me to focus on all the things I’d always wanted to do but had never had enough time for, such as finding out more about how the mind works.
- In 2008 I qualified as a clinical hypnotherapist with a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (DHP), having studied at the prestigious Clifton Practice in Bristol.
- In January 2009 I was awarded the Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD) by the National Council for Hypnotherapy. The HPD is considered to be the ‘gold standard’ in hypnotherapy training.
- In 2009 I gained a diploma in SFBT (Solution Focused Brief Therapy) Training for Hypnotherapists.
- In 2010 I co-founded the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH), which aims to increase public awareness of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
- In 2012 I set up Therapists Marketing Solutions with colleague, Nicola Griffiths, to help fellow practitioners grow their business. We ran highly regarded marketing training courses around the country.
- In 2013 I qualified as a Hypnotherapy Supervisor which means that I can support other Hypnotherapists with their clinical practice.
- In 2015 I set up a Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (CPHT) satellite school in Guildford with my colleague, Sharon Dyke, and trained students to become Hypnotherapists. In 2018 we set up a CPHT school in Southampton and Nicola Griffiths and I inherited the CPHT Manchester school.
- In 2017 I was awarded the Advanced Hypnotherapy Diploma (AHD), having attended the requisite CPD courses, participated in a research programme and submitted a comprehensive written portfolio.
I have set up a thriving practice in and around East Devon and have seen hundreds of clients, each with their own issues to address. In 2012 my membership status of the National Council for Hypnotherapy was upgraded to Accredited in recognition of the scale of my practice and commitment to ongoing professional development.
I thoroughly enjoy my work; there can't be many careers where you feel more uplifted and energised at the end of the day than when you started!